Mon, May 30|
Oakhill Memorial Park
Memorial Day - Keynote by Secretary Leon Panetta
Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in service of the United States of America.
Time & Location
May 30, 2022, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Oakhill Memorial Park, 300 Curtner Ave, San Jose, CA 95125, USA
About the Event
Wine Country Marines are pleased to invite you to join us in remembering our fallen, and honoring their sacrifice at a commemoration near you. We are honored to once again serve on the Executive Committee for the Commemoration Events held annually at Oakhill Memorial Park in San Jose.
This venue is beautiful, and the ceremony and events are truly a fitting manner to honor our fallen comrades. Oakhill has hosted Memorial Day Commemoration Events at their location at 300 Curtner Ave in San Jose for over 100 years.
Wine Country Marines, along with Dignity Memorial/Oakhill, United Veterans Council of Santa Clara County, Eagle Field Foundation, Vietnam Veterans Association, VA Palo Alto Healthcare System and other civic leaders and veterans organizations have come together once again to provide you and your family an opportunity to honor our fallen and educate your children about the true meaning of Memorial Day.
11:00 - Ceremony Begins
- National Anthem by MGySgt Pete Wilson, former official violinist to the White House
- Flyover by the 129th Air Rescue Squadron, they will land on site for static display after the flyover
- Keynote address by Secretary Leon Panetta
- Ceremonial Music by the Air Force Band of the Golden West - Travis Air Force Base
- Rifle Volley (21 Gun Salute) by the US Marine Corps' 23rd Marine Regiment
- Color Guard by US Marine Corps' Recruiting Station San Francisco
- Wreaths by US Army, US Navy and Veterans
- Restored and Operational Military Vehicles by Eagle Field Foundation
12:00 - Ceremony Concludes
Following the ceremony there will be booths and static displays of military equipment, veterans resources, food, snacks and drinks, and a car show.
Ceremony begins promptly at 11:00 and concludes at 12:00. We would recommend arriving at least 30 minutes early to allow for parking.